This post outlines the intended release of new features and functionality to cocos3d. Please note that all delivery timeframes are estimates, and do not reflect commitments on the part of the cocos3d development team.
If you have a feature that you would like to see moved up in priority, consider sponsoring the development of that feature. Contact us for more information about development sponsorship partnerships.
If you have any suggestions or requests, we invite you to add comments below.
- Support for OpenGLES 2.0 and GLSL shaders.
- Integration with cocos2d 2.x.
- Mac OSX support.
- Developer preview available now at github.
- Final release expected May/2013.
- Cube maps.
- Render to texture.
- Expected delivery: Q2/2013.
- Additional 3D model file loaders.
- Asynchronous model and texture loading.
- Shadow maps & decal shadows (shadow volumes added as part of 0.7.0 on 2012-04-12).
- Expected delivery: Q3/2013.
- 3D physics engine integration.
- Expected delivery: 2013.