This post outlines the intended release of new features and functionality to Cocos3D. Please note that all delivery timeframes are estimates, and do not reflect commitments on the part of the Cocos3D development team.
If you have a feature that you would like to see moved up in priority, consider sponsoring the development of that feature. Contact us for more information about development sponsorship partnerships.
If you have any suggestions or requests, we invite you to add comments below.
- Cocos3D v3
- Support for Metal on iOS 8 and above.
- Additional 3D model file loaders.
- Multiple simultaneous cameras on scene (split views).
- Shadow maps & decal shadows (Cocos3D already supports shadow volumes).
- Remove support for Cocos2D v1 & v2 and OpenGL ES 1.1.
- Expected delivery: 2014.
- Future versions of Cocos3D
- GLKit compatibility & integration.
- Automatic batching.
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support.
- 3D physics engine integration.
- Automatic mesh LOD.
- GLSL optimizer.