This post outlines the intended release of new features and functionality to cocos3d. Please note that all delivery timeframes are estimates, and do not reflect commitments on the part of the cocos3d development team.
If you have a feature that you would like to see moved up in priority, consider sponsoring the development of that feature. Contact us for more information about development sponsorship partnerships.
If you have any suggestions or requests, we invite you to add comments below.
- Support for OpenGLES 2.0 and GLSL shaders.
- Integration with cocos2d 2.x.
- Mac OSX support.
- Android support.
- Asynchronous model and texture loading.
- Cube maps.
- Render to texture.
- Available now at github.
- Library uses ARC natively (coming soon).
- Modular shader sources (
- Compatibility with cocos2d 3.x (coming soon).
- Final release expected Q1/2014.
- Additional 3D model file loaders.
- Shadow maps & decal shadows (shadow volumes added as part of 0.7.0 on 2012-04-12).
- Expected delivery: Q3/2014.
- Multiple simultaneous cameras on scene (split views).
- GLKit compatibility & integration.
- Automatic batching.
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support.
- 3D physics engine integration.
- SceneKit compatibility.
- Automatic mesh LOD.
- GLSL optimizer.
- Expected delivery: 2014.